PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING - AS EACH YEAR THE COMMITTEE IS FORCED TO DISQUALIFY SOME STUDENTS WHO HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIREMENTS.
DATES AND DEADLINES - IMPORTANT:
- This application must be completed and submitted online no later than midnight on November 15th
- Final Auditions: February 1, 2014
- Final Interviews: February 8, 2014
Each applicant must complete this application online by November 15th. If you are not able to submit the application online, there is an option (viewable at the end of the application) to print out the application and submitl it by US mail. This must still meet the November 15th (postmark) deadline. This INCLUDES the audio recording.
It is required that ECMEA receive letters of recommendation from the Applicant's SCHOOL Music Teacher AND School Counselor or Building Principal. Each of these forms must be delivered to the school personnel well in advance of the November 15th (postmark) deadline. It is the responsibility of the student to check in with the teacher and Counselor/Principal to ensure that the recommendation letters are mailed with a postmark of no later than November 15th.
- Click HERE to print out APPLICATION PART B - to hand deliver to your Music Director.
- Click HERE to print out APPLICATION PART C - to hand deliver to your School Counselor or Building Principal.
You must upload recent audio recording(s) of your playing - up to 3 selections - NOT TO EXCEED 15 MINUTES. While the recordings do not need to be a specific length, a total 6 to10 minutes is sufficient. PLEASE... you must have accompaniment. ACCOMPANIMENT IS REQUIRED, except works specified 'unaccompanied'. It is recommended that your selections represent you and your musicianship. Use of the 6-15 minutes is critical. Contrasting selections (or movements) often show more than one long movement. The priliminary screening committee is NOT the same committee that will hear you should you be invited to audition on February 1st.
Note: You upload the audio recordings using the online application form on the lower part of this page.
Once this STUDENT APPLICATION is complete and you have clicked the 'Submit' button at the bottom of this page, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PRINTED OUT THE SCHOOL PERSONNEL RECOMMENDATION FORMS AND HAVE DELIVERED THEM TO THE APPROPRIATE PEOPLE. You should received a submission confirmation within 2 days of your submission. If you have not received this feel free to contact ECMEA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committees specializing in each performance area will choose semi-finalists who will be asked to give an in-person audition before the ECMEA Scholarship Committee on February 1, 2014 (Saturday - 2/1/14)
Semi-finalists' in-person auditions are eight (8) minutes in length. Performances should be planned accordingly so as not to exceed the allotted time. Also, the audition should be considered a recital performance with the proper dress, acknowledgement of the accompanist, audience, etc. Again... bring your accompanist, as accompaniment is required.
Finalists will be asked to appear before the Scholarship Committee for an interview on February 8, 2014 (Saturday, - 2/8/14), if you are successful in passing the previous audition. At this time, the committee urges each student to present musical ability other than that displayed at the audition (minor instruments, keyboard ability, compositions, etc.).
ANY PERFORMANCE AT THE INTERVIEW SHOULD NOT EXCEED 2 MINUTES.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS:
- Seniors who will enter college as music majors of any type are eligible.
- Applicant must be a registered senior at their high school on the dates of all procedural events and enrolled as members of their own schools' music organization(s).
- Applicant's sponsoring school director must be a member of ECMEA and NYSSMA during the current school year.
- Applicants must have performed in an ECMEA All County group in 10th and 11th grade OR must participate as seniors (this applies to keyboard and guitar applicants as well).
- Piano accompaniments are required excepting solo concert literature.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF THIS COMPLETED FORM IS MIDNIGHT, NOVEMBER 15. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF PERSONAL RECOMMENDATIONS (2) IS NOVEMBER 15 (postmark). NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Applicants will be notified at home as to all commitments, decisions and final awards.
ANY QUESTIONS SHOULD BE FORWARDED BY THE SCHOOL MUSIC TEACHER TO: email@example.com